Monday, April 27, 2015

Podcast Exhibit D: Danube

Currently listening to and watching: Budapest: The Best of Hungary, Rick Steves Europe.

soundcloud.com/underworldpod/podcast-exhibit-d-danube

Aloha awakea. (Hello Good mid-day in Hawaiian) 
Pehea ʻoukou? (How are you as a group) 

Maikaʻi loa āu. (I am very good) 


Welcome to Underworldpod, where today Erika (Underworld, 2003) is Harley Quinn and Kraven is the Joker. "It's Harley. Oh, Mr. J.". How do you do? Hauʻoli Pōʻakahi (Happy Monday). Check out our website I go over the Hawaiian words amongst other things. I call it Pod karaoke.

I am: @underworldpod, on Twitter.

underworldpod.com. 
Soundcloud.com/underworldpod. (foward slash)
Patreon.com/underworldpod, where I have nothing up.
Another twitter account of mine: @comicshi


This is podcast exhibit D: Danube.



Danube is the river where the Jaguar plunges into in Underworld, 2003. Forgive me for the bumps and knocking in this recording. It's a windy day and I'll see if I upload this. 
We have Underworld news, Spoilers abound:


Checking out the N.G. IMDB page. It's like in sports - where they have websites devoted to see if the coach is still the coach of a particular team. Is so and so still coaching team underworld today? Is there an update on Next Generation?

  
4/27/15: Storyline -
Last chapter. Vampires and Lycans regain original forces to create a new species of half breeds created by Alexander Corvinus. Michael regains his memories and searches for Selene and his daughter. Humans and the new species live in a new peace. 
Written by Nanette Moss.

I read this four times. I thought to myself I would rather be eating potato chips and then go to sleep. I'm not giving it much thought. I don't think this is real. Anyone can write something on this part of IMDB.  I still don't know what is coming first, The Reboot or N.G. No disrespect to Nanette Moss. This was her pitch for 2 Hybrids 2 Furious. Which is more flushed out than my pitch. I don't think Scott Speedman will return. So who will play Michael? Will the audience accept the new Michael?

Another headline: Underworld 5 Remains Untitled But Aiming for 2016 Release; Is 'Allegiant' Star Theo James Still In or Out? by: "Staff Writer". Venture Capital Post website.
http://www.vcpost.com/articles/59777/20150422/underworld-5-remainsl-untitled-but-aiming-for-2016-release-is-allegiant.htm

(Another Aurora Banks?)


Article dated 4/22/15. "No release date has been set yet for Underworld 5 but we do know that Divergent: Allegiant star Theo James will be in it and Kate Beckinsale is probably out. Production is expected to begin in the Spring so a 2016 release seems likely." 

End article quote. I think there are holes in this article.  No disrespect to Staff Writer.

Mr. James is currently filming War on Everybody which is then followed by Allegiant part 1. 

Kate Beckinsale is in post on her current projects: Love and Friendship, Absolutely Anything and The Disapointments Room. 

Wentworth Miller, who played Dr. Adam Lockwood in Underworld (2003), is the screenwriter for The Disapointments Room. Dr. Adam Lockwood one of a handful of characters, in the Underworld Universe, with a first and last name.


And you get a universe, and you get a universe.  Answer me this riddle, when does The Baby-Sitters Club get there Universe? Kristy, Claudia, Stacy, Mary Anne, Dawn, Mallory, Jessi and Logan Bruno. Ann M. Martin's characters created the Universe. What are you talking about? Man, that was my childhood. The Baby-Sitters Club books were influential to my childhood. I follow Ann M. Martin on twitter. I made a point to look her up on twitter. Boy Crazy Stacy.  I still put that on my favorite books list. It's on my Good Reads punahele list. The what? My favorite list.

P.S. We are done with Underworld News. I didn't think I would have anything this week pertaining to news. Some may agree I do not have any news. What is legit? Wentworth Miller's movie will be released September 2015 and stars Lucas Till or Havok from the X-Men movies. It's also a thriller and I'm sure the commercials for this movie will creep me out. 

Mistakes from the last pod
I said Aloha Awakea but it was actually Aloha Ahiahi/Aloha pō when I recorded.

The best part of the pitch is the announcement, after that it goes downhill. Which is an out of context Howard Stern quote. What I meant to say, in the last pod, was that it took 6 months for the news of Mr. James headlining the 5th movie to go downhill. No disrespect to him. Movie star gotta be a movie star. We wish him well.  Evelyn Napier wishes Lady Mary Crawley well. (A joke from the last pod). I can't even say, with a fond embrace because nothing of the sort occurred between the two of them. Even Lady Rose got to kiss the married man in series three and the guy from the dance hall in series 4. Lady Rose lived up her late teens, early twenties. Enough about Downton. Bye, Donk.


Underworld Book
I finished reading the Underworld book.  In time I'll read the rest of the series.  I think, I don't know. Who knows. 

My notes: 1.  Why is the ethnic background for certain characters important and repeated in describing the characters? They pointed out Kahn was of African descent two or three times.  

I just thought it was odd that it was brought up. It's not important but it is of note.

2. The Lycan orgy and the Vampire orgy. Not together. Not yet, maybe in the fifth movie.  Totally separate orgies. Okay. 'Um that's interesting. Vampires are a horny bunch.  I don't know much, but in literature they appear to be so. Where is the celibate vampire?  The celibate vampire wouldn't kill in order to drink blood. He or she would politely work at a blood bank and pay for the blood pints by working there. Altogether abstaining from sexual desire. Hello, vampire monk. And solving crime, like Batman.

3. I wish all four Underworld series books would be combined into one large hardcover. Similar to "Jane Austen's Book Club" when Hugh Dancy's character, Grigg, busts out the complete works of Austen at the book club meeting. I thought that was charming. But, the other ladies looked at him in jest. They were thinking, "What a noob". It was brilliant. I am team complete works in one book. For some series, not everything. Just some series. I couldn't lift up "A Dance With Dragons" comfortably while reading it in bed. I didn't finish reading that book. I'll return to it sometime this year.

May Full Moon
Sunday May, 3rd.

Let's play Underworld Bingo.

Words: Selene, Michael, Fangs, Vampires, Blue Eyes, Lycans, Guns, Rain, The Moon, Kraven, Lucian, Train, Jewelry, Umbrella, Falling Concrete, Black Leather, Blood, Family Tree, Handcuffs, Fighting, Silver, A death, Car, Viktor, Raze, Kahn, Sword.

 http://osric.com/bingo-card-generator/

My idea is that we watch one of the Underworld movies during a Full Moon and play Underworld Bingo. What do you think of the words I chose? Each full moon, another movie and another list of words.

Bring Me The Disco King
(A David Bowie song featured on the Underworld soundtrack.) This is our casting bracketology. It could be either for N.G. or The Reboot. It's interchangeable really because I don't know the plot of either movie. I just find actors who I think should be cast. Without the constraints of a screenplay and acting ability.  (That's a joke). I shine the light on an unsuspecting actor. Who may or may not want to be shined upon.


  1. Luke Evans - too big time. Will be playing Gaston in Beauty and the Beast.
  2. David Gandy - former model
  3. Olga Kuryenko  - She is The Water Diviner.
  4. JJ Field, who I discussed about in the last pod and didn't include him in the final four bracket. Turn is on tonight and I hope to watch it.
  5. Kevin Costner. Why the hell not?  Amelia (Elder from Underworld, 2003) was in New York for two hundred years. You don't think she ran into Crash Davis? Maybe Costner is Michael's dad, but they would have probably found him when they were testing for the Corvinus strain. Maybe Costner could play Samantha's dad, Michael's deceased fiancee.  Has Costner portrayed a Vampire before? Is Malibu Hot Summer a vampire movie? This is the plot of the 1981 movie: John Logan is a poor little rich boy. He learns to love from three nubile L.A. newcomers that will do anything to be introduced into the sizzling nightlife of the City of Angels.  Sounds like a Vampire plot to me. On the cover of the movie poster it says: Hot Sand, Hot Bodies, Hot Costner.

To round up the other spots on this bracketology. The usual - 

6.  Kate Beckinsale. 7. India Eisley  8. Michael Ealy.

Crash Davis is too old of a reference. Superman's dad, the human one. 


Happy Birthday 
Steven Mackintosh's birthday is 4/30. Happy Birthday.


Pod Homework 
Continue to read "Underworld". 

Get ready to watch Underworld on the next full moon which is this Sunday, May 3rd. Play along with our set of Bingo cards. Or, make up your own words for the game. Take some photos.  I would love to see what you came up with.  Give me some ideas for the next Underworld Bingo game.

Sony Minute
I started following Crackle on twitter.

Ron Howard has begun shooting for the Inferno Movie in Venice, Italia. This is from his tweet: Rolling cameras on the canals. With a photo of Howard and Mr. Tom Hanks.

I watched the "Testament of Youth" trailer which is distributed by Sony Pictures Classic in North America. I retweeted that tweet if you want to watch it. This movie premiered January of this year in London.

Here is a tweet from Playstation: The Simpsons come to Minecraft in Playstation.

Was that a minute?  A minute and change.


Sobriety
I am 12 years and 22 days sober. Gracias.

Misc.
(I wanted to record a 15 minute pod. This is me stalling.) Did anyone go to Starbucks last Friday? I did. I felt sorry for the Starbucks cashier who had to add up my purchases. I don't think he even had a calculator. Maybe he had to write it down manually so that the managers could see the totals of the day.  He asked me what the prices were for my drinks.  In Honolulu a Venti Iced White Chocolate Mocha is $4.75 and an everything bagel with creme cheese is $1.75. 

http://time.com/3835532/starbucks-computer-glitch/

I'm getting hungry.  I'm going to Starbucks before work. Which may be a bad idea seeing that I've already had two cups of tea.  

Was Constantine saved today?  The showrunners and producers had there season 2 pitch meeting. Matt Ryan is a bloody good Constantine.

 "I think my laundry is done." 
I'll record the next pod probably the day after Mother's day. Have a good Mother's day. Appreciate your Mother or whoever plays that mother role in your life. I'll dedicate the next pod to all the mums in Underworld.  Selene, Sonja and David's Mom. Maybe Amelia was a mother?

Thank you for listening to the Underworld pod. I truly appreciate you listening to my take on Underworld and everything in between.

You can find me @underworldpod on twitter
underworldpod.com 
soundcloud.com/underworldpod (forward slash)
patreon.com/underworldpod 
Another twitter account of mine @comicshi

Support the franchise, don't illegally download it. Take care and in closing: "Your exile seems a bit more comfortable than I remember." ( - Selene U.E.)