Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Thanks for finding me

Darn at times like this I wish I owned the dot.com, again. Especially since their is another "underworld pod" but they discuss fantasy sports not our beloved saga. If only to look professional for the five people who decided to look this podcast up on the interwebs. Disregard that I've had five years to upload a podcast and I have not. 

If the voice of Vincent Kennedy McMahon has brought you here...
  • Vince Averill was always the water champ.
  • Punch Turok (sp?) is one of my favorite wrestlers.
  • As with Tom, I too thought "Yuji Nagata" was "Eugene Nagata". 
  • Who's my favorite wrestler?...This week, it's Hangman Page. Giddy-up Cowboy. Plus the funeral scene in BTE, Good Lord.
Thanks boys, for re-opening my eyes to the wonders of wrasslin'.

Edit 5/27/20. Oh, right. I woke up this morning saying to myself, "you dope you were suppose to type Lopaka Kapanui is your favorite wrestler". Also known as Black Rain. I will link an article: Drawn to the spirit world by Mike Gordon October 25, 2009. honoluluadvertiser.com/article Also a video where he discusses what I like about him. Story begins at the 15:13 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/Long Story Short 

While conducting a ghost tour, Lopaka Kapanui/Black Rain had a double-booking for a wrestling match. The tour attended the match, he won the bout, scored the belt, and continued along with the ghost tour. Champ City, Bravo!


Quick Underworld News:
I swear it's the end of the world and people are watching Underworld. Is this bringing you comfort in gloom? I run a non-functioning podcast about Underworld and I didn't even watch Underworld. Though a thought bubble, concerning watching a marathon of the series, did pop up but wasn't executed.  OR it's because Sony is sending out feelers to see if the franchise isn't dead and their is interest in the TV show. Or it's Russian bots punking me.

News Headlines. I didn't include links:
  1. Every Underworld Movie Ranked, Worst To Best by Marian Phillips (Screenrant 5/4/2020).
  2. What The Underworld Cast Is Doing Now by Jason Wiese (Cinema Blend 5/11/2020).
  3. The real reason Kate Beckinsale won't return for Underworld 6 by Patrick Phillips (Looper 4/30/2020)
  4. The mythology in the Underworld series explained by Christopher Gates (Looper 4/30/2020)
  5. The entire Underworld timeline explained by Steven Tye (5/7/2020)

Are some of these writers even real? I didn't read any of the articles, yet. I can't be bothered. One article includes this: "This content was paid for by Netflix and created by Looper." I saw it as I was copying and pasting the author and date of article. If Sony (the company that owns the Underworld property) were to create an Underworld tv series why would it be on Netflix and not Crackle? More eyes? Whatever. I'm still hoping for the Selene John Wick crossover. Maybe I'll use these headlines for an upcoming podcast? Maybe I won't? 

Hope you are well and thriving. Stay Safe and Healthy. - N.